I think most publix grocery stores have a little place where they actually show you how to cook and prepare a meal. Its super yummy. I pick up all kinds of recipes from there and I particularly love this one. Even if your not a fan of grits they don't resemble grits and the chicken is too yummy to pass up.
3 tablespoons of canola oil
½ cup of chicken breading mix
1 lb of boneless chicken cutlets
1 tablespoon + 1 cup of water, divided
¼ cup pre diced fresh tomatoes
¼ cup of pre diced red onion
2 teaspoons vegetable seasoning blend
1 (1.32 oz) packet of country gravy mix
1. Place oil in large saute' pan and heat on medium high 2-3 minutes. Place breading mix in shallow bowl. Moisten chicken with 1 tablespoon of water. Coat chicken, one piece at a time, by pressing into breading mix with fingertips; turn and coat other side. (For thicker breading coat twice.) About half of the sodium in the chicken recipe comes from the breading mix. You can reduce the sodium if you choose to only lightly coat the chicken before cooking.
2. Place chicken in a hot oil (wash hands); cook 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally, or until crisp and golden. Remove chicken from pan; cover to keep warm.
3. Stir tomatoes, green peppers, onions, and vegetable seasoning, into pan with drippings. Cook on medium high 2-3 minutes or until onions are translucent.
4. Stir in gravy mix and gradually add remaining 1 cup water, stirring continually, or until sace is smooth. Reduuce heat to low; cook 2-3 minutes, stiring often, or until thoroughly heated. Serve sauce over chicken.
2½ cups of water
2 cups of instant grits
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Combine all ingredients in microwave safe bowl.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6 minutes stirring once, or until water is absorbed. Serve